With the recent declaration by the Province of Ontario that all non-essential businesses must close, it is important that business owners take necessary precautions to ensure that your business does not become a target during these uncertain times.
Below is a list of simple, yet important steps that business owners can follow to protect their premises.
- Tightly secure all doors and windows.
- Review the exterior of your business at night to ensure that all exterior lighting is adequate and functioning.
- Remove all product displays from exterior facing windows.
- Ensure that your security system is working properly, and that Damar Security Systems has current and up to date contact information.
- To test your security system, click here for instructions.
- To review your contact list, contact us at 1-800-265-7562.
- If the hours for your business have changed, please contact Damar Security Systems to advise of your new operating hours. With revised operating information, Damar Security Systems will adjust the response protocols for your account for the interim.
- Ensure that Damar Security Systems window/door decals and yard signs are visible and prominently displayed, as a deterrent.
- To request new or additional decals, contact us at 1-800-265-7562.
- Consider adding additional security components to your system or installing video surveillance. Combining security & video surveillance systems, Damar Security Systems can provide video verified alarm services.
- As an Essential Business, our team continues to provide design, installation, service, and monitoring services in our communities.
- Contact Damar Security Systems at 1-800-265-7562.
- Routinely check on your business, either by randomly driving by or remotely by viewing installed cameras to ensure everything is safe and in order.
It is important that we all do our part to help keep the homes and businesses in our community safe during this outbreak. If at anytime you notice suspicious activity around a business that is closed, contact your local police department and to report what you see.