Damar Security Systems, leading the way in video surveillance monitoring
Traditional video systems provide forensic analysis of situations that have already occurred. This information can be useful when dealing with health and safety incidents, but when it comes to criminal activity such as vandalism or theft, traditional video systems are challenged to deliver results, but there is a better way.
Damar Security Systems has been working closely with one of the world’s largest analytic software developers to bring solutions to the market that provide detection, deterrent, and notification in a very intelligent manner.
Analytic learning AI technology provides detection of specific objects or patterns that can filter “unwanted” activity.
Local audio files play prerecorded messages notifying that an unwanted incident has occurred. The objective is to provide vocal awareness within the area of “unwanted” activity.
System intelligence notifies responders that an unwanted event is about to occur and appropriate responders are dispatched.
VIDEO ALARM VERIFICATIONS
WHAT IS VIDEO ALARM VERIFICATION?
Video verification or video alarm verification (VAV) is the pairing of your traditional alarm system signals with video surveillance of the event that is triggering the alarm from your business.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Our team of security integration specialists will work with your business to properly design an alarm system that is tied into your video management system (VMS). Cameras will be placed at strategic locations throughout your property, tying them to certain alarm zones on your intrusion system. For example, if the front door alarm zone is signaling an alarm condition, our monitoring station operators will immediately view the cameras in that area to determine if a crime is taking place or if it appears to be a false alarm. They will then dispatch police and notify the proper people on the alarm call list. Our monitoring station operators can view video from 20 seconds prior to the alarm event and view live camera views during the alarm event.
WHY IS VIDEO ALARM VERIFICATION IMPORTANT TO YOU AND YOUR HOME OR BUSINESS?
With the demands on Law Enforcement Agencies today, responding authorities usually arrive on the scene of an alarm call within an average of 45 minutes. At this point, the intruder has already caused significant damage and has left the scene with your property. If the Damar Security Systems monitoring station operators can visually verify a crime is in progress, the police will prioritize the alarm call with an average response time of 7 minutes or less. When video alarm verification is employed on an alarm system, the apprehension rate is approximately 50%. Police advise that 98% of alarms called into Police dispatch are false alarms which are a large drain on Police resources.
BENEFITS OF VIDEO VERIFICATION:
- Shorten Response Times – Immediately confirm an intrusion or other event is in progress with a quicker notification sent to local Police or Fire department and receive a higher priority response.
- Reduce False Alarms – Video Alarm Verification can quickly confirm a false alarm and help avoid unwanted false alarm fees that your local Police Department may charge you.
- Reduction in Property Loss and Insurance Claims – Minimize property loss and business interruption by doing more to deter and catch criminals in the act while reducing your insurance claims.
- Meet Regulations – Video Alarm Verification helps you meet the changing Police requirements for emergency dispatch in some regions.
- Increase your Investment – You may have already invested in a Video Surveillance System for your business. By adding Video Alarm Verification, you are increasing the value of your previous investment.
OpenEye Web Services Health Monitoring
OpenEye Web Services (OWS) is a cloud-based video system health monitoring solution from Damar Security systems that ensures you have usable video when you need it most.
Some competitors sell their clients video systems and leave it at that. Many times, after an incident where video content is required for review, customers of this outdated model of service may be disappointed to learn that a camera had gone down since installation. Perhaps the recording device was not in working condition or the camera itself was not strategically placed where it could have been most effective. Damar Security Systems offers OWS as a means to provide our clients with reporting updates for their video surveillance system.
- Keep updated on the function of your entire surveillance system by scheduling reports and emergency alerts to be delivered on a daily, weekly or monthly basis.
- Check camera quality, hard drive health, and set video retention notices, so issues can be proactively corrected before they cost your business time and money.