We offer customers the ability to receive text or email alerts instead of phone calls for non-emergency alarms, such as low battery alerts. Below is an outline of the different alerts, what they mean, and what you should do if you were to receive the alert.
- Communication Failure/Failure to Communicate/Phone Line Failure. This condition may be annunciated on your security system keypad or you may receive a text or email alert. When there is a disruption in communication via phone lines, radio/cellular towers, and/or internet connections, your keypad will notify you by sounding or displaying a message on the keypad. If your system employs only one method of communications the Damar Signal Receiving Centre may not be able to receive any signals. If your alarm system communicates using multiple methods, it is possible that this notification is telling you that one method of communication has a disruption, while the alarm system is still able to communicate using a secondary method. If it doesn’t resolve itself within 60 minutes, contact us at 1-877-263-2627 and select Option 3.
- AC Loss – Power Failure. The alarm system has detected a power outage at your location, a loss of power to the control panel, a loss of power to the plug -OR- the transformer for the system is dead. When the alarm system has no AC power, it will still operate via battery backup so no action is needed except to ensure your batteries aren’t dead. If when power returns, the unit is still dead, call us 1-877-263-2627 about the possibility of a dead transformer or to investigate further.
- Low Battery. This signal indicates that the battery backup for the main alarm system is getting low. This could also indicate a low battery in a specific device (such as a motion detector). If AC power has not restored to the location, your system or specific devices may power down shortly. If you have incurred a low battery on a specific device, the battery will need to be changed. Typically a sensor low battery signal will come about 20 – 25 days prior to the device failing. If the battery backup for the main alarm system is low, contact us at 1-877-263-2627.
- System Troubles / Sounder/Relay Troubles / System Peripheral Troubles / Protection Loop Troubles / Sensor Troubles. These signal types cover a variety of bases. For example, one could indicate a circuit break occurring within the devices or in the wiring associated with your alarm system. Or perhaps a specific device that is monitored is not functioning properly. Contact us immediately at 1-877-263-2627.
- Late to Test. Your security system’s signal was not received at its scheduled time. Your home or business security system was scheduled to send a signal to show that it is communicating correctly with our Signal Receiving Centre. Call us as soon as possible at 1-877-263-2627 and then select Option 3.