Business Security: Retail Loss Prevention
Whether motivated by necessity, laziness, or just plain greed, people steal things. It’s awful, but it happens … and theft occurs much more often than you’d think. Retailers know that better than anyone.
Did you know?
- • More than $13 billion worth of goods are stolen from retailers each year. That’s $35 million every day!
- • There is no standard “type” of shoplifter. Men and women of all ages steal equally.
- • Habitual shoplifters steal an average of 1.6 times per week.
- • Worst of all, between 33% and 40% of loss is directly linked to employee theft!
According to results from the National Retail Security Survey, the economic loss experienced by retail stores is significantly greater than any other form of property crime in the United States.
In fact, it’s larger than auto theft, bank robbery, burglary, and personal robbery, and totals $35 billion annually.
It’s not surprising therefore, that loss prevention tactics and strategies have become increasingly important in recent years – especially for smaller retail stores, which typically experience more theft annually than their larger, corporate counterparts.
Research suggests that one of the biggest reasons independent retailers experience such significant loss is that so many lack an appropriate security system to control and prevent theft. Thankfully, this is an easy problem to solve!
Damar Security Systems offers a wide range of security solutions to meet the unique needs of every retail customer. Whether you’re looking for video surveillance to keep an eye on inventory, access control to monitor employee activity, or remote security system management, we have the most advanced products available to protect your business, inventory, and employees.
In addition, our trained staff can provide some great suggestions to supplement a monitored security system. For example:
- • Security cameras are only as effective as their locations permit. It’s not enough to simply monitor the cash register – all entrances, important inventory, and even the store’s perimeter should be appropriately covered with a digital surveillance system.
- • Record everything! With advanced digital recorders, you no longer need to worry about VHS tapes or DVDs, whether you have one camera or one hundred. The evidence stored on digital media can be indispensable in proving theft and pursuing legal action. It can also protect you and your business from any false claims by customers or employees.
- • Remote management is a must. With Damar Remote Services, you can manage the intrusion protection system of your retail business from anywhere that you have access to the web or an app enabled smartphone or tablet allowing you to arm and disarm your system remotely, and receive instant arming and disarming event notifications via text message or email. Most of today’s video solutions, provide access to live video feeds of your store, inventory, and employees via the web on or an app enabled smartphone or tablet. Put simply, the solutions available today from Damar Security Systems offer a complete communication and monitoring solution for your retail business.
Unfortunately, not all theft can be prevented, but with the right tools, it can be significantly reduced. Call Damar Security Systems today to schedule a complimentary consultation and learn what solutions are available to protect your retail business: 877-263-2627